Feb 17, 2015

January Beauty Favorites





January might be over but one thing is for sure – I have never been as excited to share my monthly favorites as I am today eep! This past month really did treat me nicely on the beauty front and I have discovered some pretty amazing gems that I cannot rave about enough! My love for lip liners deepened as I managed to get my mitts on MAC Soar, a new lip combo with it has been taking place, purple lips and I are now bffs and I found the way to cheat the system Photoshop-style with one uber luxurious face product. Oh and I have a new addition to my skincare stash, which you *need* in your life pronto! Yep, it’s been a good month, let’s discuss…

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads (here)
January was the month that I finally got introduced to First Aid Beauty as a brand and let me just say - I am smitten. I got this set here and so far I am loving all products but the one that stood out to me the most is definitely this jar of perfection as I like to call it. Ever since I heard Caroline Hirons talk about the Radiance Pads I wanted to try them but I was a bit on the fence about using AHA exfoliants. I am definitely a newbie when it comes to these types of toners but I honestly couldn’t have been more impressed and you can now put me in to the ‘full-time acid exfoliant addict’ list. Basically, the FAB Radiance Pads are pre-soaked in a blend of lactic and glycolic acid and they leave the skin feel extremely soft and smooth. I like to use the pads at night as a toner and pre-moisturizer and I love how toned and radiant my skin looks in the morning. My pores are minimized as well and I love how much smoother my foundation goes on – love. The Facial Radiance Pads are suitable for all skin types and they are really mild and gentle with no stringing involved – perfect for us AHA exfoliants beginners!

Guerlain Meteorites Pearles in 02 Clair (here)
What? A makeup product that airbrushes the skin and it’s virtually like Photoshop for your face? Yes, that’s the best way I could describe the magic that these godsend pearls work and to say that I am in love would be a serious understatement! The Guerlain Meteorites are in their own little category as they are not highlighter, or setting powder as many people seem to think. They fall into the finishing powder category but I have never used anything quite like them. These little balls of loveliness minimize the pores, even out the skin tone beautifully, reduce redness (thanks to the minty pearls in 02 Clair) and above all – make the skin look healthy and add gorgeous inner glow that looks oh-so-natural and stunning. The Meteorites just blur everything and transform the skin from dull to happy in one swirl of the brush. I’ve been using them daily for the past month and they are such a little treat and I just adore how smoother and luminous my skin looks – looooove! P.S Full review coming up soon.

MAC Soar Lip Liner & MAC Brave Lipstick Combo (here / here)
Basically January consisted of me sporting MAC Soar almost every single day without fail and you can read more about my love for it here. Yep, I am one of those ladies that completely got sucked into the Kylie Jenner lip craze but you know – yolo haha. To spice things up a bit though I have been pairing the stunning mid tone pinky brown liner with MAC Brave and it’s definitely my favorite new lip combo. Brave is the perfect deeper pinky nude lipstick and compliments Soar beautifully. Both combined make the ultimate 90s lip and I love how the lippy makes the finish softer, a tad lighter and somewhat juicier. These bad boys make my lips look 10x bigger and plumper and hang around for hours and hours. Quite the dream team!

MAC Heroine Lipstick (review / here)
When I was giving the Jenner babe look a miss I have been rocking the purple lip. Quite the bold choice but you know how much I favour my daring lip products and this beauty got me hooked with the first application. Heroine is without a doubt the most unique lippy I own and I am head over heels in love with its bright violet purple shade. It’s edgy and feminine and makes every look and outfit that much more exciting, while making my green eyes pop. Heroine ticks all the boxes in the formula department as well and you can see me wearing it here. How beautiful!?

YSL Nail Polish in #16 Mauve Naif (here)
Continuing with the purple theme, the nail polish that has been pretty much glued to my tips in January is this gorgeous YSL baby. What makes it that special? Well the fact that it is true deep purple – it doesn’t go black as you layer it on and you can actually see its stunning shade on all sorts of lighting, which I find rare with dark purples. Mauve Faif stole my heart with its easy to apply formula that dries to a lovely high-shine finish and which stays put for some good five days. Oh and don’t even get me started on the brush – big and wide that covers the nail with one swipe. Brilliant.

Have you tried any of these products before? What have you been obsessing over for the past four weeks?

Lots of love,

Andrea
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment