Feb 17, 2015

Valentine’s Day Beauty







Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and even though I am not its biggest fan and rarely actually acknowledge it, I figured it would be fun to show you the makeup I would go for if I was headed on a date with a special someone. I gathered all my guy friends asking them what type of beauty look they are most into and this time notes were takes. Apparently, the minimal, subtle makeup is the way to go for, so ditch the heavy contouring à la Kim K and embrace your natural beauty ladies. Glowing complexion, a dash of mascara and a touch or pink is all you need, so I rummaged though my stash and picked as few bits that scream no-makeup-makeup but at the same time beautifully enhance our features. Let’s discuss…

Starting with the base, this Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Cream* (here) is my best friend when it comes to achieving natural complexion. It has light to medium coverage but still covers imperfections and evens out my skin tone. It blends beautifully and has gorgeous dewy finish that makes the skin radiant and healthy-looking. For concealer, the Benefit Fake Up (here) is my best bet when it comes to brightening the under eye area. It instantly eliminates the signs of fatigue and covers those dark circles perfectly. Fake Up illuminates everything under eyes, while keeping everything hydrated and crease-free. To set everything in place I always opt for my Chanel Les Beiges Powder (here / review), which not only keeps the oils at bay and prevents the foundation and concealer slide off my face but also adds a touch of sheer healthy glow to the skin. No powdery finish, no dry patches accentuated and no pores in sight as well, which I am not complaining about!

To add some dimension to the face I like to call my trusty Sleek Contour Kit (here) to the rescue. I use a touch of the bronzing powder all over my face to warm things up and then gently place some under my cheekbones to help me create the illusion of slimmer face. Slight cheating but shhh, no one has to know! I especially love the bronzer because it doesn’t look muddy and blends effortlessly. For blush, the Physician Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Pink (here / review) is ideal as it adds all the right amounts of pink on the cheeks and highlights them beautifully at the same time. It’s the ultimate brightening blush and I love how it peps up my skin – stuningggg!

Brows need to be taken care of even on the most subtle makeup days but to keep things more natural I opt for the Benefit Gimme Brow* (here / review). This brow volumizing fiber gel makes my oh-so-space brows look fuller and more defied, while keeping the hairs in place from dusk till dawn. I’m not too sure that full-on smoke eye is the best idea when it comes to dates, so I like to keep things more natural and to help me with that I like to use this Too Faced Eye Shadow in Magic Mushroom (here / review). This is easily the most stunning and unique eye shadow I own and I am absolutely smitten by its light rose gold shade. It opens up the look and reflects the light beautifully and I love how creamy and long-lasting it is – perfect date night companion. For mascara, I always go for my Holy Grail - Too Faced LashGASM (here). It ticks all the boxes and offers amazing volume, perfect separation, incredible length and it hold curl as well. You can see it in action here and I also love how black it makes my lashes- total winner.

For lips I wanted something between romantic and sultry and the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob (here) is the perfect option. Its mauve pink shade gives me the Kylie Jenner feels and instantly turns anyone into a bombshell. It’s a massive confidence booster, making the lips bigger and fuller and the matte, unbudgeable formula is brilliant (and kiss-proved ;).

We gotta paint those nails and the one most beautiful, feminine and classy polish I have is Essie Fiji (here / review). It’s bloomin’ marvelous and I love everything about its elegant milky pink shade, which compliments every outfit and makes my hands look tan. Perfume is always a bit tricky but when it comes to dates with my boyfriend Miss Dior Cherie by Dior (here) is what I reach out for the most. It’s a beautiful scent that makes you dream of romantic walks down Champs-Élysées and the youthful, sophisticated fruity notes capture my heart every time I spritz myself with it.

Which are some of your date night beauty essentials? Do you have anything special planned for V-day?

Lots of love,
Andrea
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment