Feb 17, 2015

Violet It Up With MAC Heroine





If you are a regular reader here on RosyChicc, you would know that when it comes to my lipstick choices I don’t discriminate. No matter how bright and bold a lipstick is I’ll have it and chances are – I will love it too. And the shockingly bold (and equally beautiful) MAC Heroine lipstick is the living proof. Ever since I got if a few weeks back, it’s been twisted up and swiped on too many times to count and even though it gets the occasional judgy looks from my grandma I adore it. I feel like it reflects my personality perfectly and if I were a lipstick I’d definitely be Heroine…

With Heroine, you either love it or hate it and I definitely seem to be in love with it. The super unique bright violet purple shade of Heroine is what leaves me smitten every time I swipe it across my lips. It is bold and daring and definitely has a certain edge to it but at the same time it’s fun and stylish. Heroine is ideal when you want to break from the mainstream nudes and reds and it definitely does something to my confidence. It is the perfect companion for us green-eyed ladies too as it makes the color of the eyes pop beautifully. If you don’t fancy going full-on purple pout then I have good news and you can actually build down the shade to a more sheer violet-y veil of color, which is just as stunning. Love.

Heroine is branded as a matte but I’d say that it has more of a satin finish. It definitely has a slight sheen to it and the creamy consistency is what makes me love it even more. The lippy applies like a dream with no trace of drying or clinging into fine lines. Also, there is no awkward fading or bleeding in different areas, which gets big thumbs up from me! Pigmentation wise, Heroine rocks and you need one swipe to get full-blown and even color. The 3-4 hour longevity of this beauty is great considering how smooth and soft it actually is. So my final verdict? Heroine is a good’un and if you fancy going out of your comfort zone and dipping your toe into the violet / purple lip pool this gem’s a must!

Have you tried Heroine before? How do you like it? Would you sport a shade like this?

Lots of love,
Andrea
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment